- 4 cups Cooked California Wild Rice, well drained and cooled
- 1 cup Ripe Hawaiian, or Mexican Papaya, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup Diced red pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup Finely diced red onion
- 1 Tablespoon Lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh ginger, minced
- 1 Large clove garlic, minced
- 1/8-1/4 tsp Chili flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup Shelled pumpkin seeds, lightly toasted (optional)
Combine rice, papaya, red pepper, cilantro and onion in serving bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients.
Pour over salad and gently stir to combine well.
Let rest in refrigerator for 1 hour to overnight.
Just before serving, fold in the toasted Pumpkin seeds.
Nutrition facts per serving: Calories 147; Calories from Fat .5g; Cholesterol 0mg; Protein 5g; Carbohydrates 33g; 33g; Fiber 3g; Iron 1mg; Sodium 6mg; Calcium 19mg; Vitamin A 838 IU; Vitamin C 41mg.