- 1 pound cooked medium fresh shrimp, peeled, deveined, chopped and cooled
- 3 cups cooked California wild rice, cooled
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 3 Tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 to 3 tablespoons seeded and minced jalapeño pepper
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 firm avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 6 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Garnish with lime wedge
In a large bowl, combine shrimp, rice, tomato, onion, cilantro, jalapeno pepper, lemon juice, oil, salt, and pepper.
In a small bowl, combine avocado and lime juice, tossing gently to coat. Add to shrimp mixture, stirring gently to combine. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 8 hours.
Optional serving suggestion: Spoon mixture over shredded lettuce. Add walnuts, and toss gently.
Serve immediately with lime wedges, if desired