Welcome to the California Wild Rice website. We have provided a place to discover all you ever wanted to know about this unique grain. Here, you can learn of the time-honored traditions of the first inhabitants of North America, or the feeding habits of migrating waterfowl. Uncover the culinary secrets of some of California’s top chefs, or learn the simple steps for preparing a tasty and nutritious meal. Gain the knowledge for extending life, or the satisfaction of a healthy diet – it’s all here, and all you need do now is click!
Wild Rice is easy to prepare and can be a versatile addition to every chef’s repertoire. Wild rice preparation is as simple as combining one part Wild Rice with three parts water! Average cooking times range from 30 to 50 minutes. Flavorful, nutritious and natural, California Wild Rice satisfies the most demanding palate. Always follow package direction or use one of these easy methods:
California Wild Rice Hash With Hollandaise
Cooking Instructions• Melt butter over medium heat in 8” frying pan.
• Sauté onions until soft and beginning to turn golden brown, about 8 -10 minutes.
If dry, add another tablespoon of butter and the mushrooms.
• Turn the heat up and sauté until all the moisture from the mushrooms is absorbed.
• Turn heat down; add thyme, garlic, pine nuts and sherry.
• Add salt and pepper to taste.
• Cook gently to let flavors meld together and all liquid is absorbed. Cool slightly.